METALIC STEEL ABRASIVE APPLICATIONS:
Office / Warehouse
Agent / Distribution
SAND / MOULD REMOVAL:
- from the metal casting process.
- on products manufactured with forging, stamping, hot rolling, drawing or extruding in the process. Also after a heat-treatment process where a scale may form on the surface of the object that needs to be removed.
ROLL & DIE ETCHING:
- of parts that require a specific surface profile for their efficient function.
- of products like Concrete, Granite, Wood, and Glass to provide a specific aesthetic appearance.
- of components to remove Contamination prior to a coating process, i.e. Painting, Galvanizing, Powder Coating etc.
- of components to increase their fatigue life or fatigue resistance i.e. Springs, Gears, Turbines etc.
GRANITE CUTTING or STONE SAWING:
- in particular hard Granites where a Gang Saw is used to cut the stone into thin slabs. It is a specially heat-treated Grit that is used in this application to obtain the optimum cutting speed and abrasive use per m2 while at the same time ensuring a consistent surface finish so as to minimise the polishing process.
- where the density of slurries or concrete is required to be increased i.e. Deep Sea Pylons, Oil and Drilling Rigs.
© Sigma Wear Parts (Pty) Ltd
Global Manufacturer and Supplier of Abrasive Media and Dense Media Powder.